I thought I'd join the thing, because I'm really up to this idea - I still work on commissions, but I would really love to join some SS this year... I'm afraid there won't be enough time for joining something obligatory, so it seems to be the best solution for me.
The general idea is to make a wishlist of 10 things you'd like to get for Christmas, and browse other people's wishlists. You don't know if you get anything or everything, you can give someone else something from their list, but you don't need to - nothing guaranteed, but also no obligations. If I find enough time I can fulfill someone's wish, which I hope I will
Make a post in your dA journal (the manual INCLUDED - no manual, no wishes granted). The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real-life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Portraits of my OCs - might be ACEO, bookmark, chibi, something digital, something traditional... I love to see how people perceive my characters here are refs
Flowers, because I love to receive flowers
might be also pictures or artwork with flowers.
3. Any kind of support - comments, faves, watches, features, points - will make me happy too!
4. Books. Paper and digital ones in any amount and concerning any topic, though I'm most interested in anthropological, psychology, philosophy and fantasy/sci fi stuff.
5. Someone to go to mountains with me! The best would be Poland, Czech Republic or Slovakia mountains, since they are not far away from my place 6.
Art supplies: watercolor paints, watercolor paper, other watercolor supplies in any form and amount. There's just never too much of them
7. Someone to spend some time with me, like drink some good alcohol, cook something tasty, play a game, talk about life. Or at least make a switcharound meme or other XD
8. Natural materials in any shape and colour. Leather, silk, wool, linen etc. I love natural materials and they aren't common to get in cloth stores, and if they are, they're usually quite expensive.
9. Belly dance costume... parts. Those costumes are quite expensive and I don't think I will get myself one very soon, haha. Any kind of belly dancing stuff, like jewelry, shinies, dress or top alone, shawl would be awesome!
My good old laptop started to crumble a few months ago, I need to have the audio and screen repaired. If someone could recommend me a good technical support in Wroclaw (PL), or maybe someone could repair it for me... or maybe even get a new computer maybe?
If you happen to read this and you participate as an elf too, don't hesitate to leave me a comment with your wishlist! I might find there something I can grant you